Teaching struggling readers : how to use brain-based research to maximize learning / Carol A. Lyons.
Portsmouth, NH :
Table of Contents:
- Understanding the developing mind
- How the brain develops and functions
- Attention, movement and learning
- Language and learning
- Emotion, memory, and learning
- Creating literacy environments to help all students achieve their full potential
- Teaching reluctant, unmotivated students
- Teaching hard-to-teach students
- Teaching LD and AD(H)D students
- Understanding what makes teachers expert
- Characteristics of expert teachers
- Knowledge, thinking, reasoning, and practice of expert teachers
- Putting it all together: perspectives on the brain, learning, and teaching.