Deadly landscapes : case studies in prehistoric southwestern warfare / edited by Glen E. Rice and Steven A. LeBlanc.
Salt Lake City :
University of Utah Press,
Table of Contents:
- Southwestern warfare: the value of case studies / Steven A. LeBlanc and Glen E. Rice
- Warfare and aggregation in the El Morro valley, New Mexico / Steven A. LeBlanc
- A case of warfare in the Mesa Verde region / Ricky R. Lightfoot and Kristin A. Kuckelman
- Shields, shield bearers, and warfare imagery in Anasazi art, 1200-1500 / Helen K. Crotty
- Conflict and defense in the grasshopper region of east-central Arizona / H. David Tuggle and J. Jefferson Reid
- Antecedents to Perry Mesa: early Pueblo III defensive refuge systems in west-central Arizona / David R. Wilcox, Gerald Robertson Jr., and J. Scott Wood
- Organized for war: the Perry Mesa settlement system and its central Arizona neighbors / David R. Wilcox, Gerald Robertson Jr., and J. Scott Wood
- Warfare in Tonto basin / Theodore J. Oliver
- Conflict and exchange among the Saldo of Tonto basin: warfare motivation or alleviation? / Arleyn W. Simon and Dennis C. Gosser
- Classic period warfare in southern Arizona / Henry D. Wallace and William H. Doelle
- Warfare and massing in the Salt and Gila basins of central Arizona / Glen E. Rice
- Giving war a chance / Lawrence H. Keeley.