The fiction of Ellen Gilchrist / Margaret Donovan Bauer.
University Press of Florida,
Table of Contents:
- Tradition and an individual talent
- Gilchrist's composite personality and story cycle: transforming Ernest Hemingway
- The new order: picking up where Katherine Anne Porter left off
- The annunciation as dialogue with William Faulkner: giving Caddy Compson and fighting chance
- The reincarnation of Kate Chopin's Edna Pontellier in The Anna papers
- No conclusion possible: an organic story cycle.