Teaching multicultural literature in grades K-8 / edited by Violet J. Harris.
Norwood, MA :
Table of Contents:
- Politics of children's literature : reflections on multiculturalism, and Christopher Columbus / Joel Taxel
- Multicultural literature for children : making informed choices / Rudine Sims Bishop
- Contemporary griots : African-American writers of children's literature / Violet J. Harris
- Turning the page : Asian Pacific American children's literature / Elaine Aoki
- Native Americans in books for the young / Donnarae MacCann
- We have stories to tell : a case study of Puerto Ricans in Children's books / Sonia Nieto
- Ideas a literature can grow on : key insights for enriching and expanding children's literature about the Mexican-American experience / Rosalinda B. Barrera, Olga Liguori, and Loretta Salas
- Caribbean children's literature / Yahaya Bello
- Sources for multicultural literature / Violet J. Harris.