Fugitive cultures : race, violence, and youth / Henry A. Giroux.
New York :
Table of Contents:
- Pt.I. Race, violence, and children's culture. White panic and the racial coding of violence
- Racism and the aesthetic of hyper-real violence: Pulp fiction and other visual tragedies
- Animating youth: the Disneyfication of children's culture. Pt.II. Public intellectuals and populist persuasions. Public intellectuals and postmodern youth
- Talking heads and radio pedagogy: microphone politics and the new public intellectuals. Pt.III. The way things ought not to be: race and national identity. Licensing bigotry without being politically correct
- The milk ain't clean: national identity and multiculturalism.