Parent-child socialization in diverse cultures / volume editors, Jaipaul L. Roopnarine and D. Bruce Carter.
Norwood, N.J. :
Ablex Publishing Corp.,
|Series:||Annual advances in applied developmental psychology ;
v. 5. |
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / Irving E. Sigel
- Parent-child interactions in urban Indian families in New Delhi : are they changing? / Jaipaul L. Roopnarine and Ziarat Hossain
- Chinese families / Harold W. Stevenson, Chaunsheng Chen, and Shinying Lee
- A comparison of the parent-child relationship in Japan and the United States / Alan Fogel, Marguerite Stevenson Barratt, and Daniel Messinger
- The socialization of Australian boys and girls in middle childhood for independence and achievement / Alan Russell and Graeme Russell.
- Family and socialization in Turkey / Cigdem Kagitçibasi and Diane Sunar
- Moral socialization of the child in the Soviet Union from birth to age seven / E.V. Subbotskii
- The socialization of instrumental competence in families in the United States / D. Bruce Carter and Wendy A. Middlemiss
- The parent-child relationship and socialization in the context of modern childhood : the case of Sweden / Gunilla Dahlberg.
- Family and parent-child relations in Spain / Jesús Palacios
- Families in Puerto Rico : an analysis of the socialization process from a macrostructural perspective / Sheila Ortiz Archilla
- Mother-infant interactions of Haitian immigrants and Black Americans living in Miami / Tiffany M. Field, Susan M. Widmayer, Sherilyn Adler, and Mercedes de Cubas.
- Family relationships and patterns of childrearing in the Caribbean / Garrett Lange
- Parenting in Polynesia : a view from the Marquesas / Mary Martini and John Kirkpatrick
- The parent-infant relationship and social-emotional development among Aka Pygmies / Barry S. Hewlett
- The cultural context of socialization : a much ignored issue! / Jaipaul L. Roopnarine and D. Bruce Carter.