At the threshold : the developing adolescent / edited by S. Shirley Feldman and Glen R. Elliott.
Cambridge, Mass. :
Harvard University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Capturing the adolescent experience / Glen R. Elliott and S. Shirley Feldman
- The role of pubertal processes / Jeanne Brooks-Gunn and Edward O. Reiter
- Adolescent thinking / Daniel P. Keating
- Historical perspectives / John Modell and Madeline Goodman
- Challenges in studying minority youth / Margaret Beale Spencer and Sanford M. Dornbusch
- Coming of age in a changing family system / Frank F. Furstenberg
- Peer groups and peer cultures / B. Bradford Brown
- Schools and the adolescent / Doris R. Entwisle
- Leisure, work, and the mass media / Gary Alan Fine, Jeylan T. Mortimer, and Donald F. Roberts
- Autonomy, conflict, and harmony in the family relationship / Laurence Steinberg
- Friendship and peer relations / Ritch C. Savin-Williams and Thomas J. Berndt.
- Motivation and achievement / Valanne L. Henderson and Carol S. Dweck
- Sexuality / Herant Katchadourian
- Self and identity development / Susan Harter
- Stress, coping, and adaptation / Stuart T. Hauser and Mary Kay Bowlds
- Problem behaviors / Joan McCord
- Adolescent health / Susan G. Millstein and Iris F. Litt
- Youth in relation to social institutions / Judith Torney-Purta
- Progress and promise ?f research on adolescence / S. Shirley Feldman and Glen R. Elliott.