The SAGE handbook of new urban studies /
The last two decades have been an exciting and richly productive period for debate and academic research on the city. The SAGE Handbook of New Urban Studies offers comprehensive coverage of this modern re-thinking of urban theory, both gathering together the best of what has been achieved so far, an...
|Other Authors:||Hannigan, John A., 1948-, Richards, Greg,|
Los Angeles :
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- John Hannigan and Greg Richards SECTION 1: THE GLOBALIZED CITY Chapter 2: Locating Transnational Urban Connections Beyond World City Networks
- Tim Bunnell Chapter 3: Frontier financial cities
- Adam D.
- Dixon Chapter 4: Eventful cities: Strategies for event-based urban development
- Greg Richards SECTION 2: URBAN ENTREPRENEURIALISM, BRANDING, GOVERNANCE Chapter 5: Twin cities: territorial and relational urbanism
- Mark Jayne, Phil Hubbard and David Bell Chapter 6: Idealizing the European City in a Neoliberal Age
- Philip Lawton Chapter 7: City branding as a governance strategy
- Jasper Eshuis and Erik-Hans Klijn SECTION 3: MARGINALITY, RISK AND RESILIENCE Chapter 8: Territorial Stigmatization: Symbolic Defamation and the Contemporary Metropolis
- Tom Slater Chapter 9: The liminal city: Gender, mobility and governance in a twenty-first century African city
- Caroline Wanjiku Kihato Chapter 10: Constructing and contesting resilience in post-disaster urban communities
- Kevin Fox Gotham and Bradford Powers SECTION 4: SUBURBS AND SUBURBANIZATION: STRATIFICATION, SPRAWL,
- The cases of Brazil and South Africa
- Christoph Haferburg and Malte Steinbrink SECTION 6: CREATIVE CITIES Chapter 19: Urban social movements and the night: Struggling for the 'right to the creative (party) city' in Geneva
- Robert Hollands, Marie-Avril Berthet, Eva Nada and Virginia Bjertnes Chapter 20: Creative Cities
- an international perspective
- Graeme Evans Chapter 21: Moving to Meet and Make: Rethinking Creativity in Making Things Take Place
- Jørgen Ole Bærenholdt Chapter 22: Creative clusters in urban spaces
- Lénia Marques Chapter 23: Rebalancing the Creative City after 20 years of debate
- Nienke van Boom SECTION 7: URBANIZATION, URBANITY AND URBAN LIFESTYLES Chapter 24: Urbanization and Housing in Africa
- Paul Collier and Anthony J.
- Eugene McCann and Daniela Aiello SECTION 8: NEW DIRECTIONS IN URBAN THEORY Chapter 28: African ideas of the urban
- Garth Myers Chapter 29: New Frontiers in researching Chinese cities
- Shenjing He and Junxi Qian Chapter 30: Informal settlement and assemblage theory
- Kim Dovey SECTION 9: URBAN FUTURES Chapter 31: The changing urban future: The views of the media and academics
- Clovis Ultramari and Fabio Duarte Chapter 32: Olympic Futures and Urban Imaginings: from Albertopolis to Olympicopolis
- John Gold and Margaret Gold Chapter 33: Experiencing the Hybrid City: The role of digital technology in public urban places
- Anna Luusua, Johanna Ylipulli, Hannu Kukka and Timo Ojala Chapter 34: The New Urban World: Challenges and Policy with Respect to Shrinking Cities
- Sujata Shetty and Neil Reid.